Holiday Recovery Skin Care Routine 2018
It’s the holiday season filled with love, lights, joy, and for many, also stress, lack of routine, and sleep. Your skin feels it too, so here’s a little routine that will help keep breakouts to a minimum and help keep redness and dehydrated skin at bay during this festive time.
AM & PM Routine
- O+Lait Oil to Milk: You’ll grow to love this one, it’s unlike any traditional western cleanser on the current market. It has a honey-like thickness that’s clear and unscented that helps remove makeup.
- Directions: 2 pumps, spread it over your face with dry hands, add water and massage it into your skin like you normally would. You’ll be pleasantly surprised how hydrated and clean your skin is.
- Riversol Anti-redness Serum: If your skins needs some extra TLC, tone it down for the dry and busy season with this serum. The star antioxidant ingredient Beta-T helps with redness, acne, rosacea and anti-aging. It has your back. I noticed a huge improvement with acne, texture and redness using this gem regularly.
- H2O Hydration: Is a fast absorbing, lightweight moisturizer, that gives heavier feeling moisturizers a run for their money and it also mimics the skin’s own barrier. It contains Ectoins which help to protect your skin from external aggressors like UVA damage, pollution, heat, and wind (HELLOOOO WINTER AND HEATERS) and increases the natural moisturizing factor of your skin.
- Simply Zinc: A current favourite, is 100% mineral based with a slight tint to avoid any white cast, its moisturizing and gives your skin a healthy satin-natural glow.
- Cleanse (Got to get the gunk from the day off, even if you don’t wear makeup)
- O+Lait Oil to Milk: Which can be used alone or as the first step if you double cleanse.
Riversol Cream Cleanser is hydrating, creamy and doesn’t foam, which means it doesn’t contain skin sensitizers like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES).
- Can be used in AM & PM or as the second step if you double cleanse
Occasional 1-2 times a week: Use a hydrating mask like Hydrating Antioxidant Mask, or Benton Soothing Aloe sheet mask. If you’re taking a bath, put your mask on and enjoy, you’ll get the most out of the hydration that way. Don’t forget to apply hydrating products on and seal your skin with a moisturizer in your humid bathroom ASAP.
Need Extra moisture?:
- Intensive Soothing Serum: Similar to hyaluronic acid, it gives you oil-free hydration and helps with water retention in the skin. It also has a special ingredient made from date extract that is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and improves micro-circulation of the skin for improved under-eye darkness and rosacea. Heads up, this will give you a nice glow and can be used under the eyes J
- Face Oil: Depending on the type of face oil you’re using—whether it’s oilier (higher in oleic acid) or drier (higher in linoleic acid)—will determine whether you should apply it before or after your moisturizer. Below you will find an easy breakdown of face oils and the best times to use them:
- Directions: 3 drops into palm, warm between your palms and gently pressed into your skin. I even put a little under my eyes, so they don’t shrivel up into flambéed fruitcake in this dry weather…
- H2O Hydration Moisturizer: See AM description of this lovely product that’s great for all skin types and supports your skin’s natural moisture barrier along with antiaging benefits.
Spot Treatments for Blemishes/Hyperpigmentation:
Tamanu Oil: This oil is underrated and pretty balanced between oleic and linoleic acid and has wonderful anti-inflammatory/antioxidant properties and is great for hyperpigmentation like acne scars, sun spots etc.
- Side note: It is a cold-pressed natural product so know it has an herbal/woody funky smell and has a greenish colour and can solidify at certain cooler temperatures. The less processing it goes through, the more of its natural helpful properties stay intact to help you out.
- Directions: take a drop or two on the back of your hand and take your finger to spot treat the blemish.
*Side note: Everyone’s skin is different, so something that works for some may not be THE ONE for you. Formulation does matter and quality does matter, not just the ingredient list. It’s chemistry baby, for the product and your skin. The better you get to know your skin, the easier it will be to find the right products J
Sleep well, laugh lots and stay hydrated to get the most out of the holidays and New Year. Your skin will thank you.
Happy Skin Days ahead and Happy New Year! May 2019 be filled with glowing healthy skin
The Asgard Clan